Bent? Out of alignment? what the...

yzjumperz

Mar 29, 2006
Alright..I recently embarassed myself by wiping out in a wheelie. I was only in 2nd gear and hit a bump and fell back without being able to react. I kind of went with the bike for a second holding on as it slowed down and then fell and the bike tipped over. I saw that nothing was hurt other than my ego and handlebars. Little did I know... After replacing my handlebars which were bent I noticed that my wheel is cranked wayy to the left. When I ride in order for me to go straight ahead my hands are at a 30 degree angle to the right. My rim isn't bent and I just can't figure out what it is. Any ideas? I don't think it would be anything big I mean I was barely going but I just don't know...

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
You may have popped out one of the rubber bushings in one of your bar mounts. You can probably straighten it out by just holding the front wheel straight between your knees and yanking on the bars in the direction you need them to go to get them back straight again. This is usually all it takes. However if the bars are way out of wack and it looks like the rubber bushing has popped out pretty far. Rather than forcing it back in like I have described above you can remove the nut on the bottom of the bar mount clamps and pop it back in that way.

Top Bottom