kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
My brother has a 02 YZ 250 and the other day when we went riding we came back and found out his rear brake roter is bent. is their any way we can bend it back w/o makin it worse? its not really bad but its bad enough to have to do something adout it. buying a new one is too expensive so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I straightened mine with a 12" crescent wrench. It was not perfect, but plenty good enough to used until it needed to be replaced. I know it sounds brutal, but there is little to lose, right?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Maybe take it off the bike and put in it a vise. Then tightnen the vise and it will bend the rotor back into its original shape.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I have heard of the cresent wrench method before. Just put the bike on a center stand, and spin the rear wheel, where you see the wheel slows down or just stops mark that area with a marker and bend till it spins smooth :thumb:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
It honestly works. I went out and checked mine again. My bent one was a front, so it was thinner.

You would need a good dial indicator to see the bent area after repairing.

YZ250

Feb 14, 2001
Make sure the rim is straight, it can fool you into thinking the rotor is bent when it's the rim that is actually bent. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: Aren't those things cool?

kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
thanks guys it woked good!! the only thing is i still have a little bend in it but its good ill eventually get the little bend out. :thumb:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'd be extremely leary of prying on the rotor while attached to the hub, the stress could crack it. Take off the rotor and lay it on a flat area and check it with a straight edge, then make the necessary adjustments in a vise. If you really want it to be perfect take it to a machinist and have them straighten and surface grind it, much cheaper than buying a new one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom