yzjumperz

Mar 29, 2006
I bent the handlebars on my bike but it's not too bad. The left side is down a little and twisted back. I'm wondering if there is any way I can bend these back rather than getting new ones as I am short on cash for the time being.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
What kind of bars are they?

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
You could try a long section of pipe to give you leverage. And try to bend them back.

Steel bars are $20.

7/8 Aluminum bars are around $60

I let my sisters boyfriend ride my bike, he felt the need to run it into a tree, bending my Pro-Taper 7/8 bars. I had a ride scheduled the next day. I had to use the steel bars that came with the bike. I just filled them with spray-expanding foam insulation, for a little added strenth and vibration damping.

I now have Pro-Taper taperwalls, they shouldn't bend anytime soon.

zx6rman96

Jan 5, 2006
Try heating them up a little bit and bend them back with a rubber mallot, and do yourself a favor..when you get the money..invest in some pro-tapers....will not bend!

jdc9q8

Mar 9, 2006
put the wheel between your legs and bend the alignment back into place...it may not get it perfect but you should be able to get it pretty close

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
jdc9q8 said:
put the wheel between your legs and bend the alignment back into place...it may not get it perfect but you should be able to get it pretty close

That's not going to fix bent bars, only misalignment. I would heat them up and bent them back with a length of pipe (with gloves on). That's how we bent back my old bars.

Top Bottom