Bent Subframe

poobag

Jul 10, 2002
I have just recently been involved in a big crash in an mx race where a few people had to be taken to hospital. It was on the start straight. It goes into this loooong sweeper turn, dust everywhere, throttle tube to the stopper.

Anyway, I was the lucky one, but my bike wasnt. Out of it i got some CRAZILY bent pro-tapers which were bent at least 60 degrees out of whack. I know that0 cant be fixed, but what about a twisted subframe. Its not too bad, just a little bit twisted in the clockwise direction. I DONT want to pay a lot of money for another one. Any ideas on how to twist it back or fix it? I ride a '03 YZ250F.

Thanks

mongoos

Jul 14, 2000
I have had this problem several times, since I seem to crash a lot. My solution is to find the biggest bar you got, and then find a way to secure your bike and start prying. It works for me. May not get it back to original, but you can usually get it close enough where you won't notice it anymore.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…