gstaten24

Jan 12, 2009
hi i am kinda new to dirtbikes but i wanna get a 250 for the track. before i get into details a few questions.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
i am 5'10" 175 lbs with an athletic build

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
at first i will probably be calm but once i get the bike down i will be pretty agressive

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
mostly track with a lil trail riding

4) Do you have any riding experience?
ive been riding quads for 17 years but i havnt rode a dirtbike

5) Do you think you will race ?
yes most likely

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
i will be doing most work, the only thing i wont be able to do is probably bottom end engine work as i dont have the tools.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
a 250 4 stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
i have all the major brands within 20 minutes besides ktm which is 30 minutes

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
about 1500 wud be great but i can save a lil more if i have to

10) Do you live in California?
no

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i know that riding quads is totally different then riding dirtbikes but dnt let that alter what you wud say to someone who has riden dirtbikes.

thank you for any help!!!

gstaten24

Jan 12, 2009
that bad huh.... around here drtbikes are goin dirt cheap however. im not saying your wrong or anything butim just wondering if i cud just have a very cheap market around here because some of my friends bought a few 250s like a year ago for around there and have had no prblems.

yog22

Mar 20, 2007
i'll tell you what.. a 250 4 stroke is the biggest waste of money ever!!!!!! they are gutless!!!!! and they are always brakin down... go with a 2 stroke or if your set on a 4 stroke save up for a 450. somethin that actually has some power. but i'd say find a 125 2 stroke for that price. or save a little more and get a 250 2 stoke. you won't regret it

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
yog22 said:
i'll tell you what.. a 250 4 stroke is the biggest waste of money ever!!!!!! they are gutless!!!!! and they are always brakin down... go with a 2 stroke or if your set on a 4 stroke save up for a 450. somethin that actually has some power. but i'd say find a 125 2 stroke for that price. or save a little more and get a 250 2 stoke. you won't regret it

I'm pretty impressed with the one I bought my son. I've always been a smoker but his bike is pretty impressive...I really like riding it. If I had a choice between a 125 (of any year) or a 07 kx250f.. I would take the kx250f.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
yog22 said:
:rotfl: In the words of the Guiness Guy.....Brilliant! :whoa:

Top Bottom