Best MX/Dirt

DGMAX99

Dec 6, 2001
Best MX/Dirt Mag

Looking for a MX/Dirt mag to subscribe to. Anyone have any suggestions? How ‘bout Transworld Motocross? Haven’t see it blasted on the flame board, (yet) but I may have overlook a thread.

Thanks

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What do you want out of your magazine? Racer X is good for lifestyle/the sport stuff but not much in the way of bikes/modifications. TWMX is a good magazine for a little more bike stuff and kick butt pictures.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I really like TWMX for the photos and the different bike reviews. It's also cool to read things writen by the riders. Over all a very good magazine.

Lee W.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Mag

If you've looked around DRN I'm sure you've figured out that MXA (Motocross Action) isn't real popular in these parts. I'm getting a bit of a reputation around here as being an MXA advocate, so I'll hold true to that reputation and recommend it. Great pics, family-friendly content/ads, decent product reviews, and good bike tests. It does lack some of the "inside info" that some of the other mags have, however (like Racer X).

Or you could get just about every major mag for less than $100 per year and decide for yourself!

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I think they all have something to offer, some less than others, but they each fill a niche. Head over to Border's or Barnes and Noble, grab a latte, and flip through each of them. Like MXFastGuy says, $100 and you've got plenty of reading material for the year. Don't forget about Cycle News either.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I subscribe to Dirt Rider. I like the mag. Nice articles and a few riding techniques. The reviews are decent, but I take most of those with a grain of salt. I did pick up a copy of last months RacerX as enjoyed it very much and will more than likely subscribe. I also like last months Transworld to. I was traveling a lot and need something to read on the plane. I would just by a few copies off the stand and decide which one you like. After all its you who will be reading it.

DGMAX99

Dec 6, 2001
That’s what I’ve been doing, sampling different ones. But I hate to rule out a decent mag just because the month I happen to pick up sucks. Flips side is I’ve subscribed to others because the copies I picked up at the books stores were what I was looking for only to find out the rest never come around. It’s always a gamble. None will be able to cover everything. Just thought I’d poll to see what others enjoy and find useful.

I did see all the flames against MXA and some others but that won’t totally rule them out. I still do need to check out Racer X..

Thanks for all the suggestions.
:)

Last edited:

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I subscribe to RacerX and Cycle News and enjoy them both. They are both slim on bike reviews and tech tips, but that's what I come to DRN for :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…