Best Performance Mods for a 1992 RM125

Heple

Jul 25, 2006
Hi,

I have owned my 1992 RM125 for a while now, i was thinking of upgrading to a newer bike but decided to fully recondition my RM and look into getting the most performance i can out of my bike as i enjoy playing with the mechanics of the bike just as much as riding it. :whoa:

I have fully reconditioned the bike over the past month. This included:

Reconditioning the cylinder
New piston and ring
New conrod and new big and little end bearings
New crank bearings
New input and output shaft bearings.

So basically the engine is now in mint condition and is running v.nice now that it has run in.

What i am looking at now is maximising the performance. The bike currently has a FMF exhaust with standard silencer.

I am looking at purchasing a set of new reeds, a performance silencer, a new air filter and then setting up the carb.

Has anyone got any recommendations of what brand products are the best for my bike and what is the best carb set up?

Craig

Heple

Jul 25, 2006
I have been looking at a few parts and at the moment i think i'm going for :

1)V Force Reeds
2)Pro Circuit Silencer
3)Twin Air, air filter

Then i'm going to look at setting up the carb and may even consider boring the cylinder out and fitting a Wiseco big bore kit and Hot Rod crank kit.

Has anyone got any opinions on these mods? or any further recommendations?

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Get you suspention valved and springed for your weight and skill level. Maybe one of the biggest improvements you can make to the bike.

Heple

Jul 25, 2006
Has anyone got a tried and tested setup that they have used?

I want a really strong powerband.

i'm after more top end power than bottom end.

Craig

FloGreen245

Jul 25, 2006
You could send it in to Pro Circuit to have head / cylinder work done. That would probably increase top end. But I'd probably get the suspension done by Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, MB1, RG3, Race Tech, or Enzo before that. Then again, I don't know if its going to be good even when it is revalved. Works kits from Pro Circuit are expensive, but something like the RG3 Diamond Kit might be good. It's a cross between a works kit and a revalving.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom