TimCR125

Sep 26, 2001
im looking for a pipe for my 98cr125. ive narrowed it down to a sst pipe or a fatty pipe, which one will i see the most significant power boost? or if there is a better pipe out there, lemme know, thanks.

98cr150mx

Dec 7, 2000
The pro-circuit pipe and silencer will give your bike more over-rev. While the fatty pipe and silencer will give your bike alot of bottom to mid power. I also have a 98 cr125, so if you purchase the sst pipe can you post a review of it?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Back then I remember one of the hot setups for was the fatty with a standard length silencer. If your after more power you should if you haven't yet change the reeds to carbon fiber it was a mod that was oem on the 99 and improved the bike greatly. The other option is go with eric gorr's porting or a big bore kit. A pipe will give minimal gains, the porting will give the most a big bore kit will be the best of both worlds. For as much as the pipe costs you can get porting done. I think the porting is worth your money more. I had an '01 CR125 with an SST pipe power core 2 silencer on it and it was only a marginal gain in power. If I was to do it again I'd go with the porting.

Top Bottom