hab

Jun 24, 2002
I need some opinions. I want to add some top end on my 2002 KDX 200. I plan on getting a pipe soon and can't decide between a Pro Circuit or an FMF Rev Pipe. Any suggestions?

rvguy

May 31, 2002
Both the FMF Gnarly Dessert and the PC pipes are good for top end. I've heard of alot of FMF pipes not fitting correctly, including mine.

detroit

Mar 30, 2002
I just put an fmf rev on my 00 200. It opened up the power signifcantly but the fit sucked. I had to caveman the top mount. Ive heard PC is comparable power with its rev version and it even fits. ill never buy fmf for any bike again.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Like the rest have said, the fmf does not fit, and the packaging usually is missing mounting hardeware. I have the PC and it fit like factory and the performance was better than fmf imho. THe pc gave a more even power distribution over the fmf.
Lew

cheska4

Apr 3, 2002
Like others have said, "buy the Pro Circuit". I have an '02 200 and just put one an the other day, along with a matching spark arrestor. It rides like a bigger bore bike now. I notice almost zero loss off the bottom, but a HUGE difference in mid to top. It absolutely screams. Plus, instead of going flat 2/3's of the way through the RPM range, it pulls way beyond the stock pipe. The fit of both arrestor and pipe was perfect, and well worth the time that I spent on backorder. Honestly, the bike feels 20% stonger in the mid to top. And that proper high pitch sound...you won't regret it.

dave

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Hab... About everyone here says PC! Me too! I have an '01 200, and went with the plated pipe and 304 silencer. Great fit and power. I also shortened the silencer 5 inches for better looks and to help a little on the bottom end. It didn't seem to hurt the sound, because it's not bad. (take a look under "My Gallery" below)

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy with the performance boost. Also, consider going with Boyesen reeds (Power Reeds myself). They will help a lot.

Good luck......

hab

Jun 24, 2002
Is a Fatty different from a Rev and Torque pipe? My friend has one on a used bike he recently purchased it says Fatty on it and just by looking at it I don't think it looks like a Rev or a Torque pipe.

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I have a FMF on mine and it fits good. A freind of mine just bought a PC and it dont fit well at all. Going to have to do some mod work to get it to fit. So FMF isnt to only ones that dont fit all the time. Must have got biult on a Friday or Monday.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
hab...... The Fatty is not available for later model KDX's (95 on). If you want FMF, you'll have to go with the Gnarly, Desert (rev or K30) or Woods (torque or K35). At least that's what they show on their WEB site.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
My FMF (KG-30 w/ TCII) fit perfectly and made a huge power improvement. Sounds good too.

Guess I got lucky.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I think both pipes are awesome and I too was stuck at the counter and didnt know which one to get? I was thinking about the fmf but i couldnt stop thinking, Procircut pipes go hand in hand with Kawasaki,,,,,,,,,,,,, so thats what i bought and it is truely awesome. And fit perfect! Which ever one you buy, you will like no Q. asked so dont worry about it. JUST GET ONE ;)

hab

Jun 24, 2002
I swapped my stock exhaust for my friends Fatty FMF pipe and silencer. His bike is a 99 KDX 220 and mine is a 2002 KDX 200. It fit perfectly but it says Fatty. I thought it wasn't supposed to fit my bike? Or his for that matter?

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
*Sigh*

Evertime I see this topic I cringe. Not that it is not a good topic, its just that it seems like no one ever asks what kind of riding you plan to do with your bike and what kind of performance you are looking for. Every pipe out there is designed to enhance a certain range of HP in your motor, and without the knowledge of what you want and what kind of riding you are doing, every response that you get is uniformed. No offense to all that responded, cause I know that the pipe you have is the best pipe for your bike, but it may not be the best pipe for this guy.

As for my .02 on what pipe you should get, I dont have the energy to answer this q'n once again. Anyways, someone will likely tell you that the pipe I use is a "piece of junk" or "fits like crap" or whatever. Besides, once you get the pipe on there and it makes your bike run amazing, who cares how hard it was to fit?

Just my .02 and then some.

B.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
The first sentence he asked was " I need some opinions",,,,,,thats what he got!!!!! But Tantrum is right... I was torn between the Rev and the Platinum.... Those were the 2 applications that fit my needs. I really wanted a FMF but maybe ill get one fer my next bike. Some people get a little confussed when buying a pipe, but im assuming since he said he wanted top end, he wants a rev or a plat.? either or! There both Great pipes. There are quite a few companys out there that make pipes, but when your a nobody like me, you have togo with a main name brand that you know is reliable,dependable and "worthy looking" for you and your bike. A pipe you know is gonna work/look great. But like i said, dont listen to me. im a nobody and its just my opinion! :) Im still learning myself....

Top Bottom