bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
hi guys, as some of you know i have a 1994 kdx 220 sr and ive been having trouble with parts for it but im finding a lot of later model 220 parts are the same, the question i have is would a late 220 expansion pipe fit my year of bike, ive got a pro circuit one on there at the moment but its been repaired so many times it realy needs replacing, i either want another pro circuit or an fmf pipe, regards Nick.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
Yes, I think the 220 didn't ever really change except for cosmetics. Are you sure its a 94 though? I thought 220s first came out in 97 or 98?

bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
thanks ridejunky, yeah its a 94 kdx220sr japanese import, not much difference just a metal fuel tank and seperate 2 stroke oil tank and it has an ignition and keys but not sure if other models have this.

bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
no i had the pipe repaired by a friend and he done a pretty good job but i will replace it with an fmf gnarley when ive got some extra £££s.

Dec 15, 2010
bionnick said:
thanks ridejunky, yeah its a 94 kdx220sr japanese import, not much difference just a metal fuel tank and seperate 2 stroke oil tank and it has an ignition and keys but not sure if other models have this.
The import 220sr has a much smaller carb than the non imported model, also the air box boot & reed valve boot are also different because of the smaller carb..you can boost performance by installing the 33/35mm carb ,reeds & air boot from a non imported 200/220r...if you can find the parts!!

EYY

May 22, 2010
Just had a look at the pics of your bike and I think it must be a few years newer than you say it is. What does the compliance plate say? Maybe a previous owner has done something dodgey.. The h series pipes will fit it though, not the e series pipes as I mentioned in my previous post

bionnick

Oct 21, 2012
i bought the bike from a friend so i know he didnt do anything dogdy but he got it from ebay so who knows what the history is, what year would you say it was? as for the carb it has a keihin carb, did the non imports have mikuni carbs?. and also are these direct replacement parts.

Dec 15, 2010
i think the 220SR came with a 28mm carb, mikuni or keihin i cant remember i guess you could pop it off & measure the inside diameter (where it attatches to the reed boot)..if you do the carb mod then it probably would be best to block off & remove the oil injection gubbins.

Top Bottom