echospheres

Apr 7, 2003
Ive browsed the forums and pretty much determined from what you guys have said about getting someone locally to do my suspension.

Ive got an 03 yz 125 and was trying to see what brand of components I should go with. I have a few guys that swear by a couple of different companies, the 2 major ones I always here are Race-Tech, and Works Connection. Others are mentioned but not as often.

What should I go with pending on what I have available locally?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
most good tuners can get good results by just changing shim stacks ie. revalving. once you start changing pistons (eg gold vlaves) is when the costs go up.

echospheres

Apr 7, 2003
With all my toys I have one moto I live by : I could be like a used car salesman and pore sawdust into a cars block to make it run smooth for a week, or put the correct stuff in and spend the extra cash for the full lasting package.

Kinda like with my r6, I could have just stuck a cheap god awful sounding D&D pipe, or go ahead and put the Full Akrapovic exhaust like I chose and get quality sound and top notch performance.

I wouldnt mind sinking $5-700 bones into a complete rework, but cant quite afford and honestly dont believe I need $1000+ for complete new forks from say ohlins or such.

I may sound slightly hypocritical there, but I believe you need the best stuff for your specific situation. Doing it all the correct way is what Im looking for.

So with that said, I see stuff from companies like works connection, wp, bwr, and the like all over the internet, whats good and whats not? Whats economical to the intermediate mxer and whats not?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
there are quite a few people on this message board that can get real good suspension by just changing $5 worth if shims, adjusting oil levels or spending $150 on new springs! but if it makes you feel better, go and spend as much as you want.

echospheres

Apr 7, 2003
I see your point now. Why take a suspension that is already potentially great, and just fine tune it, vs going and buying a complete new setup to give you what you already pretty much could have had with stock. Im kinda new to the MX industry, I have a R6 like I said above, and with experiance stock suspension is about 90% junk. IF you want any actual noticeable power gains with the 6, you have to go aftermarket, and with the "good stuff."

Ill talk to some tuners and see what I can get done.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom