duke

Oct 9, 1999
Well, like the title says, which tire have you folks found to be the most durable? A bulk of my riding is in the Southwest desert; hard, clay like dirt with some sand rocks. Some claim Maxxis as offering the longest wearing tread.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
No doubt about it, it's gotta be a Barum. With or without air it will outlast any tire on any bike.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Barum as in those once equipped on CZ's? Should have kept thsoe that were once mounted on my 250 4 speed.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I used a Kenda Carlsbad and was really pleased with how long it lasted riding a wide variety of mostly dry and semi-hard-packed terrain. It went a year for me. I have a Maxxis IT on there right now and I don't think I'm getting as good traction as I did with the Kenda and it looks to be wearing faster, too.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Maxxis IT

Favorite tire on Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama hardpack! I don't think they get any better than that without sacrificing durability.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the response all. Where I ride the most frequently, Rower Flats about 1/2 hour north of Los Angeles, the dirt is really hard and rock. It grinds tires to a nub much faster then normal high desert terrian

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
A street tire in a hard (long-distance touring) compound will outlast them all! :nener: :laugh:
Do you want traction or wear? Can't have 'em both.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
My Cheng Shin seems to be holding up real well!!! Traction is OK, although nothing to write home about. But for $30 it works good for me. I don't race anyway. Just joyride!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom