best track for beginner HS in D-17?

natecr

Feb 12, 2008
I've never raced, but it looks like hare scrambles would be fun. Does anyone know a good track in D-17 for beginners? Any other info about HS racing would be great too.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The only hare scrambles I have ever raced in D-17 have been at Fox Valley in Wedron, IL. Not too difficult, plus they are open for riding so you can get some practice on the terrain before doing your first race. www.foxvalleyoffroad.com

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
what age, skill, bike size, this all makes a difference at Fox Valley they run a couple different courses for the kids and big bikes.

Like Nikki said Fox Vallley is a good choice. He does get some pretty good down hills and off cambers in there to make it NOT EASY but definitley doable by C riders. Whats good about Fox Valley you can go there now and ride to see what you think of the place before signing up to race.

Taylorville and Casey are probably the flatest easiest openest HS in dist 17.

I dont know your riding level so its hard to tell. Maybe just go to watch one first. Walk the course help at a check get a good Idea of what they are about. That is the best way to find out rather than trying to read on here what guys think.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
I agree with both Nic and Jsned, go to Foxvallyoffroad and play ride a few times get a feel for what off road riding is before you race. Then come and watch one of the races at Foxvalley. That way you can see how the starts are, walk the coarse, figure out what a check is. Taylorville and Casey are flat open H/S like Jsned said. You get out west in the WFO races you can run into some sand and whoops, hehehehe, K-burg!!! Early in the year you will have mud, in the summer dust and heat, fall is great.
If you come to Foxvalley look for an old guy with a White bike that Smudge guy :coocoo: . You can ask him a few questions, just ask before the race, because after the race he's in recovery mode. :rotfl:

natecr

Feb 12, 2008
cissna park-about 100 miles south of chicago. Casey's a little bit closer, nothing real close unless you know something else

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
there a good riding park in astoria with knarly hills and alot of trails really good practice

Top Bottom