JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
Anybody hear about a big crash at the ORV? My kid said he. heard someone died on Friday, but I don't consider him or his sources very reliable, so I though I'd ask around

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
According to the comments made in this thread the rumor was confirmed. Hearing about an incident such as this is never good for anyone linked to the sport. My heart goes out to all. :(

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Here is the report from my local newspaper on Sat. 4-20-02:

Olympian staff and wire
THURSTON COUNTY
Motorcyclist dies during practice

A 37-year-old Woodinville man was killed Friday afternoon at the Off Road Vehicle Park while practicing for a motorcycle event to be held this weekend, Thurston County officials said.

The man hit a berm between two tracks at the park about 1:30 p.m. and was thrown from the motorcycle, according to a news release. His name was withheld until relatives could be notified.

The park is on state Route 8 at the Thurston County-Grays Harbor County line.

It is terrible to see such a tragic event occur. May our condolences be with the family.......

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
follow up....

a follow up in the paper, stated his Aorta was ripped...and he died at the scene, and most likely pretty quick.
Stated he had safety equipment on, but that type of impact would mean a pretty sharp blow to the chest....so have no idea if "Safety equipment" meant chest protector.
Very sad...I was out on the trails behind the track when it happened. Very very sad. :( :(

If nothing else drivers....please make sure you have ALL your protection gear on, EVERYTIME you throw a leg over your machine.....k...and if you have taken a good bell ringer with your helmet, put it on a shelf and get a new one and use the old one for "war stories"....wear all your stuff...cause this terrible stuff happens when you dont expect it and usually during just that "quick check of the machine or to warm it up"
....cant tell you the number of times I have emptied my first aid set on guys that told me "I only went out for a quick test ride"...

be safe out there!..we need us all riding!!!

HR
:cool:

Top Bottom