Big Wheel or Small Wheel? - I need some advice

Thommy

Jul 14, 2008
I am looking at a new bike for a 13 year old and am faced with a bunch of technical details that I am unfamiliar with. The latest is a question about big vs. small wheel. Can someone provide some insight into why I would get one over the other? Thanks

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
the big wheel (supose it´s a 80 or 85) it´s bigger, longer, more stable, heavier, normally softer,and will swallow the small bumps better...
the small wheel is smaller, shorter, agile, lighter, bend the rims easy but will allow you to enter in 85cc (150f) races, as you cannot with bigger wheels

if is just for play i will choose big. if you race you have to choose 85´s or supermini (big wheels)

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007

how tall is he?

May 10, 2007
get the big wheels. if he is 13 he will be growing a lot soon and thus grow in the big wheel perfectly. just curious what bike where you looking at?

May 10, 2007
im not sure its just a change the wheels thing though i may be wrong. i think the swingarm is longer on the bigwheel

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
im not sure its just a change the wheels thing though i may be wrong. i think the swingarm is longer on the bigwheel

they do have longer swingarms. They also have different chains and sprockets (I may be wrong about the sprocket)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…