scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be in as always. This is a fun race.

I'll be in the unclassified and Vet 250 Race on Sunday. # G85

Tim

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
the Eel said:
Looks like my race is on Saturday. :(

Aw, C'mon, your not a woman, and your not as old as me. :rotfl:

Seriously, are you thinking about Eric? Id be Saturday as well it looks like. Do I have to race with the exp/int if I am B senior enduro? I dont want to do the 8:00 am if I want the family to come out to spectate. How is it for spectating there?

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
the Eel said:
Looks like my race is on Saturday. :(

What the.....? What class would you ride on Saturday?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'd be riding B 250 class for dez points. That is on Saturday at 11 AM, I think.

Spectating is pretty good there - though they'll likely need to pick a spot and just watch you each time you come around. There are also food/drink vendors and whatnot. It's pretty cool. We went and watched Scar a year or so ago. Fun day and close to home.

Yeah - I'm going. Rhona's working so it's on.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Saturday looks like this:
8:00- Unclassified (BOTW)
9:30- Women........
11:00- Lwt 1 All/ Hwt 4st all
12:30- Sen/Mag (exp/int)

It only takes me ~45 mins to get there, so I thougt it would be a good place for the fam to come out and see me take the checker. LOL. OR see how slow I am and wonder what I am really doing on these so called race weekends...........

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Not sure what class I'll sign up for yet. I want to be in the same race as you spodes. That way we can all battle it out to not be dead last.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Wouldnt the only one besides unclassified we can all sign up for be LWT 1 ALL?? It would be fun to have us all in 1 race.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
we could all sign up for the vets on sunday.
. all of us are over 30 and all riders of all levels are on the course at the same time. they just start in different rows.

Spectating is good. the bleachers hve plenty of room.

i would recommend doing the unclassified race just to see the course. i normally only do 2 loops in the unclassified then pull off. there isn't a parade lap.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Any race but the 250 is gonna get me no points, though I suspect my place at the end of the 250 race will also get me close to no points! Regardless, I'm just gonna pop for the 250 race on Saturday. But since I'll still be free on Sunday, I may come by and check you guys out on Sunday if you race then - Glen Helen is only about 40 minutes from my place.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Eel yep I understand. My GP class is the vet class. So I need to be in that race. If you want to you could always race both days:) A lot of guys do that.

Good luck on your Saturday race. I can't be there sat due to Little League w my boys.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Scar.. What Vet Class are you racing? Novice? Intermediate? I am talking to Angi about coming up..

What is the parking like? The wife wants to bring the motorhome if we come up..

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
So you want to jump in with you young whipper snappers?
Ill speak to Kim and see which day she and the boys would be more interested in.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'll be out there Sunday for the Vet race at 11am. If I can enter the Lwt 1 (201-250c) on Saturday with my 200 I'll be there both days.

Rex - Good to see your back.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
They said no go with my 200 in the 250 class on Saturday so it looks like I'll be racing the Vet Novice class on Sunday with Scar. If enough of you guys show up on Saturday I'll come out and do the unlimited race in the morning and hang out for your races.

Rex - Bring the motorhome and stay for the weekend.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Considering I'm unlikely to earn many points anyway, maybe I'll just come out and race vet with you guys on Sunday after all.

decade377

Dec 17, 2006
I will be doing the Sr novice race on Sunday and my brother will be in the vet race. My number is S291 and I'm running a CRF450X,(like everyone else!).
The moto section and the lower course area are good for watching, but the areas around the pavillion will be hard to see. I understand they are having us do an 8 mile lap.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Looks like I am in... I will be racing Vet Novice on Sunday with Thumbs and Scar.. I think a buddy of mine will be out there with us too... :ride:

I think we are going to go out on Saturday and spend the night at the track... I will see if I can find the DRN Banner.. I think I know where it is.. :cool:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
desert_racer said:
Scar.. What Vet Class are you racing? Novice? Intermediate? I am talking to Angi about coming up..

What is the parking like? The wife wants to bring the motorhome if we come up..

Rex I'll be in the Vet Novice LWT 250 race. I raced vet novice open my first year and got smoked, last year I raced Beginner open and did well but didn't win anything.( I had a few top 5's ) However I did well enough they bumped me back up to novice this year. Although I'm in the Vet Novice LWT 250 class (not open) due to my new bike. on a 450 you'll have to enter the open, but if you go novice we may be on the same line or right behind each other. At 395 the 250's and open were on the same line.
FYI this race is full of sandbaggers. There's alot of people that just race this one because it's at Glen Helen. My race usually goes like this. I get passed on the track and I pass people back on the ridges especially when they get tired.

Re:parking there's alot of people that come out for this race. Tons of RV's if you come out Sat bring the rv. if you just come Sunday, you may have a hard time finding a spot.

FYI 29 Palms GP is at the end of the month and it's my favorite race. All deep sand and only a short very easy track section. Put it on the calendar also.

See you out there.

tim

Top Bottom