fiveo

Jun 10, 2002
hey checking back with you about your fiddy... i'm finally going to buy a big bore this week and can't decide between 81cc or 88cc takagawa or kitaco??? I know with the 88cc kit people recommend super oil pump and clutch springs....I'm checking to see how you stock clutch is holding up??? And if there are anymore concerns i should know about??? Just trying to get everything in order for the big race against you in dirtweek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanxxxxxxxx

B

biglou

Haha, yeah, I'm gonna give you tips so you can beat me! :p Just kidding. Actually, I don't have any real amount of riding on the fiddy since the 4th of July. When I talked to the guys at Classic Honda, they told me that 88cc was the biggest you could go without getting into a manual clutch and some bottom end work to take the stresses. I know JP has had his kit in longer than I have, so he might be the better one to ask. He'll see this and respond, I'm sure. I have seen the heavier clutch springs on the websites, but haven't researched it any. Sorry I can't be any more help.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I used the Takegawa 81cc kit. If I could do it over, I'd get the oil pump. The pump is only 30 bucks or so. I also used the Kitaco 75cc kit in my Minitrail, and both kits appear to be very high quality.

My bike has a ton of hard time on it, and I can tell that it's lost a little power, but the clutch is holding up fine.

Top Bottom