Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
I am going to be graduating high school really soon, and have been saving my money for a long time. For a graduation gift, I asked for an 08 Kawasaki KX250f, but my parents aren't going to help me with it until I graduate... My brother has been dying for a dirt bike too, and if I get one I know for a fact he will want one also. I just can't decide what size he should get. I know there are a lot of Parents on here that have bought bikes for their kids so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) your physical size: He is about 3'6" and weighs about 40 pounds. He will be 6 in May.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? He's pretty aggressive and is really active physically.

3) what do you plan to ride- Mostly around the yard/trails but I think he'll come to the track with me a few times.

4) Do you have any riding experience? He has a four wheeler that he rides every day and he is already doing jumps on his bike.

5) Do you think you will race? My mom is against it, but I will be subliminally pushing him towards racing. :cool:

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I will be doing work on it.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Probably a 2T, but I'm not sure, and brand doesn't matter.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? We have all kinds of dealers in the area.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
probably around 800-1500

10) Do you live in California? Negative

11) Your age? He is 5, 6 soon.

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I was looking at KTM's 50 SX Junior, but I just don't know if that will be too powerful for him. It scares the hell out of me knowing that he will probably be jumping on a dirt bike, and how fast he will be going. I was watching some videos on youtube of kids racing and they are fast!

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Maybe check out the KTM JR/SR Adventure. It's a 2t, air cooled, plenty of power, not as much as the SX, but it will have alot less problems and maintence then the SX too. A great bike to learn on.

rm85l

Dec 26, 2007
i highly recommend not getting him a 2t, wayy to much power for a six year old, id get like a crf70f, or if you insist on getting a 2t and he can handle it, id be safe and getting a 50sx mini

Top Bottom