noupf

Nov 18, 2007
Can anybody reccomend a good hydraulic scissor style bike lift to use on my CR125 ? I have seen some around on ebay that look decent and then some from online websites that look good as well. they range from $100 to $300 so i doont want to get ripped off.

Thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
He said hydraulic, but I also use the FMF and like it. Noupf, why do you want a hydro lift for a 200lb bike?

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Hey Noupf, Im in the same boat as you looking for a stand. But like Joe said a Hydro lift is a bit overkill for Dirt bike, the $50-60 reg. lift stands seem like they'll do just fine. However; if you plan using the lift for street bikes or choppers a good hydraulic lift stand is nice investment. Heres a links to a hydraulic stand i found- http://weliftmotorcycles.com/scissorjack.htm

While im waiting for my stand, I put together a make shift one from wood scraps in the garage. Works for now. :)

Attachments

• Bike stand.jpg
    Bike stand.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 125

noupf

Nov 18, 2007
Sorry for the confusion, this is what I am talking about guys. A lift that can get the bike 2-3 feet off the ground for routine maintainence.

Attachments

• cd13_1_sbl.jpg
    cd13_1_sbl.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 112

noupf

Nov 18, 2007
I would imagine you falling off one would be less dramatic than your bike falling from a 3' high stand :)

Cheaper too![/QUOTE]

lol, true.............so i guess these scissor style lifts are not that popular than ?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Overkill for something one can lift with their arms, dun ya thin?

"Hurry...shove the crate under...I'm loosing it!"

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
For that price you can get a table lift. Has a work table to roll the bike on and also has room for parts and tools while you are working on the bike. Much more stable than the one you pictured and lifts the bike about 4 feet. Check in the back of the Cycle News newspaper, available at your local bike shop. There are a couple of companys that advertise them in there. Harbor Freight also sells one for about $300.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Ol'89r said:
For that price you can get a table lift. Has a work table to roll the bike on and also has room for parts and tools while you are working on the bike. Much more stable than the one you pictured and lifts the bike about 4 feet. Check in the back of the Cycle News newspaper, available at your local bike shop. There are a couple of companys that advertise them in there. Harbor Freight also sells one for about $300.

What he said. Save your money on the cheeseball lift in the photo and get a table lift. Yes, they take up more room, but you can leave your bike parked on it all the time and lessen the amount of space lost to store it. More importantly, they're also infinitely more useful. If you buy a streetbike, you can use your table lift. Lawnmower needs work? Roll it on the table lift.

My only disagreement is that the cheap lifts only lift about 30" or so, not the 4' he mentioned. A table lift to go that high is on the wrong side of $1000, price-wise.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I have a cheap lift, works great. Has a total lift of about 6 inches, which is enough.

I really don't think that I would want a hydraulic lift for a dirt bike. I take my lift with me when I go camping, just toss it in the back of the car. Hydraulic gets heavier and then you have the risk of leaking oil.

I have knocked my bike off the stand while I was working on it. Like other have said, falling over vs falling from several feet can be a big difference.

If you want to have the bike at table height for a major operation consider building a short platform that you set the bike stand/lift on. Buy an old coffee table at a yard sale or something.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom