Bike not consistent at full throttle

YamahaMan09

Apr 28, 2002
Hey,
I've got a YZ 80, and recently when I rev the bike full out when not in gear the noise is intermissant...in other words, it goes very loud then stops for a sec and then goes up again...kinda like WING.....WING.....WING...... Does anyone know why this may be happening? thanks

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
The reason is because there is no resistence on the engine. It's reaching maximum rpm and just kind of hanging around in that area. I dont think its very good for the bike to be held at max rpm without any resistence, atleast I don't think. Try riding it around then go full out while in gear and accelerating.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Um, I dont think there is a rev limiter on 2 strokes, only 4 strokes. On a two stroke, I think that it revs as much as it can before it cant go any faster. Also, when the rpms are up at like 15,000, on an 85cc, there is a maximum amount of air/fuel that can be traveling through the crankcase and through ports into cylinder. Also, YamahaMan09, you might want to try a resistor plug, such as BR10ES, instead of B10ES, the R is for resistor. A resistor plug blocks out radiowaves or something so that there is not interference, I think.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
It may be crying for help. :flame: :silly:

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I have seen a bad stator cause this on a 2 stroke. Also an air leak causing an overlean condition. How does it run under load? what does the plug look like?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom