Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No night time poker runs I guess.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
sure why the hell not, only difference, you have to pull a trailer.

with another battery.

:)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Sure'd hate fur the battery to go south when you're 50 mls out,. :whoa:

I do like the stealthness ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I am intrigued that they used a real dirt bike for a starting point instead of a glorified bicycle. I see nothing about weight, though.

I want one.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
They said that they are trying to reach the same weight, and weight distribution, of a CFR250.
This is accomplished by matching the weight and weight distribution of the original gas powered design and building the electric drive system with equal or greater tolerance to normal "abuse" by pro riders on the track.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Is this kind of like Nascar's "Car of the Future?" ;) :rotfl: :yikes:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The REALLY cool thing to me is that it would have maximum torque almost instantly, sort of like a trials bike :cool:

Shaw520 a battery or a dropped valve 50 miles out would both be equally bad in my book. ;)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
That looks cool. I'd definitely be interested if someone can actually make a good electric bike. Stealth assault on a lot more trails! Backyard mx wouldn't be a problem anymore!

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ok first bike was run on gas?thats what i want and will always want us to ride.whats a quiet dirtbike?hmmmmmm not fun in my book?

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Patman said:
Shaw520 a battery or a dropped valve 50 miles out would both be equally bad in my book. ;)

Batteries dying,..... inevitable
Dropped valve,..... very unlikley when properly maintained.

:cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr85re said:
ok first bike was run on gas?thats what i want and will always want us to ride.whats a quiet dirtbike?hmmmmmm not fun in my book?
That is why you fail.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
cr85re said:

So what about when all of your riding areas are shut down due to urban sprawl and people complaining about noise? Sure, I like the sound of a two-stroke as much as the next motohead, but I like riding more. Loud sucks. Period.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
SpeedyManiac said:
Sure, I like the sound of a two-stroke as much as the next motohead, but I like riding more. Loud sucks. Period.

Yeah what he said .

I would love to have a bike like that that made no noise. you could ride in your Back yard and no one would care.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
All the frigging whiners and snivelers would have to find a new part of society to plague. Anyone who wouldn't cherish the speed and stealth of that bike is not playing with a full deck, or is young. Technologies are making stronger and smaller batteries weekly. I would imagine it is damn near vibration free.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
I for one am glad that somebody is using an existing dirt bike in the electric development. Im sorry, but man I crash way more on my freaking mountain bike. It is not hard to get yourself flying over the bars when you weigh 8X the vehicle. A "real" bike platform is just what we need. If you can keep the weight around what the current bikes are, even better. Im sure there will be some benefit from downsizing a bit though.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Anyone who wouldn't cherish the speed and stealth of that bike is not playing with a full deck.

agreed, my only concerns would be run time and power; and to a lesser extent charge time. An awesome electric bike is useless if you can only use it for 20 min before the battery dies. i didnt catch what type of battery theyre using but if its Li-ion or litiums at all that kind of scares me too. A cell pack that size going up between your legs is bad juju :yikes:

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ha then they would say batterys wil kill us all theyll find another reason but fyi predator i dont fail.and i dont like the idea of a battery powered bike sorry thats just me.and as far as the noise yaeh id rather ride that then nothing but we arent to that point yet are we so theyre for i like my noisy bikes alot better

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr85re said:
ha then they would say batterys wil kill us all theyll find another reason but fyi predator i dont fail.and i dont like the idea of a battery powered bike sorry thats just me.and as far as the noise yaeh id rather ride that then nothing but we arent to that point yet are we so theyre for i like my noisy bikes alot better
Clearly you've never been to Singapore.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom