Bike Support in Enclosed Trailer

Poltax

Apr 11, 2006
I have an enclosed 27 ft snowmobile trailer that I use for my sleds in the the winter. I want to be able to carry at least 5-6 bikes in the trailer during the summer. I have looked at wheel chocks, but those will intail taking them in & out when I want to use the trailer for misc items or the sleds. Has anyone tried to use the pick up bed rails on the wall of an enclosed trailer, & if you have, what has been your experience.

Any other ideas would be great.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I didn't want chocks or rails on the floor of my trailer so we tie the bike down on an aluminium stand with turnbuckles to the footpegs. Took a router and recessed D-Rings into the floor with a backing plate under the floor for extra strength. The only time I'm wishing I had done it differently is when I'm lining up multiple bikes in a row, then it can get somewhat awkward to get to the inside turnbuckle against the previous bike. With a 27 foot trailer you should be able to leave a lot of room between bikes so this shouldn't be an issue like it is in my 12 footer.

motodude381

May 20, 2006
On Our trailer we made a removable board with diamond plate and Strap hooks to press the front wheels against. It works real well and wasnt to hard to make.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…