bike wont idle touch gas it bogs then revs too high

I have an old Yamaha enduro dt175. I have cleaned the carb over and over. When it starts I have to move the choke open about half way to get it to run. It wont idle. When I hit the gas it bogs down than revs way to high. Do I need a jet kit? Please advise on what to do or buy?

Your engine is not breathing properly.Air filter,compression or a air leak.Check your intake boots for cracks and seal leaks.Also the left crank seal,remove the ignition cover on the leftside,a lot of grime buildup is a sign of seal,bearing failure.

Dirty carb (maybe)

I bought an 06' Yamaha TTR 230 and it kinda sounds like what u described. but mine would idle high, bog then die. My problem was i had dirt in my carb.( i had the dealer check the bike for it was brand new). Maybe that might help you.

D!rtbag said:
I bought an 06' Yamaha TTR 230 and it kinda sounds like what u described. but mine would idle high, bog then die. My problem was i had dirt in my carb.( i had the dealer check the bike for it was brand new). Maybe that might help you.
Thank you very much

whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Your engine is not breathing properly.Air filter,compression or a air leak.Check your intake boots for cracks and seal leaks.Also the left crank seal,remove the ignition cover on the leftside,a lot of grime buildup is a sign of seal,bearing failure.
thank you very much!