sonny1967

Aug 24, 2013
San Martin, CA.
Hi All, I just started riding again after a long 25 year break. Forced break I should mention. Being a single Father with two little ones didn't leave a lot of fun money for this kind of sport. I guess if they showed some interest in it I probably would have found the money to keep us all riding. Needless to say neither showed any interest so I sacrificed it. Anyway I recently moved back to CA. for many reasons and one was to be closer to me Brother. Well he has a 1985 Yamaha YZ 250 which he let me use to go riding down in Hollister, Ca. We ended up going on New Years Day 2013 and didn't get much sleep that night due to obvious reasons. I got on his 250 and it felt like I seen an old friend after 25 years and I liked it!! Basically I liked it a little too much and thought I was 20 years old again. I ended up hit a jump I had no business hitting and crashing pretty hard. A trip to the ER the next morning revealed a broken left foot and two broken fingers on my left hand. Two weeks later I bought a 2000 Kawasaki KDX 200 Still on crutches ;) I've been trying to go every weekend ever since my foot was able to shift. I'm still pretty new to the area so any recommendations of good places to ride are appreciated.
Paul :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Let yourself heal! I had a 85 YZ250 and have ridden that KDX and the KDX will be much better for you but you really need to heal first then have fun. I speak from MUCH experience (unfortunately)

sonny1967

Aug 24, 2013
San Martin, CA.
Healed

Thanks and I'm pretty sure I'm as healed as I'm going to be.....lol
It was New Years Day when I broke the bones so they should be healed by now. I still can't bend my fingers as much as they should bend but they will loosen up eventually.
Now as far as the YZ 250 and the KDX go. I absolutely Love my KDX it's very dependable and it's got just the right amount of get up and go I need. The powerband on the 85 YZ 250 is so inconsistent I don't know how my Brother rides that thing. It scares me now....lol I'll stick with my KDX and So far so good with the crashing. Not once since New Years Day. I hope to keep it that way.....lol

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Work on your basic techniques and tune your suspension for the best overall ride. Invest in safety gear! You can get injured even with the gear but many times the injury will be less severe.
You will find plenty of folks in SoCal that ride and it is important to ride with a buddy just incase one your bikes fails or one of you is injured. Have fun!

Top Bottom