Hot4Teacher

Apr 21, 2002
I have a '99 yz400f. I hear alot of prople doing a BK mod on the newer thumpers. I was told that the mod can't be done on the 99 because of the different carb. Is this true? or is it just a little different technique on the older yz's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Different carb all together... I haven't looked at it closely on the 400 but i believe that it is not possible.
I have done this to my 01 426, but it is a different carb all together. Can't tell you how much this mod has helped me out.

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
You can acheive the same thing with a p-38. Its an acclerator pump housing that replaces the stock one. I wish I could remember the Manufacturer. You can get it at MR.X i think.

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
You can buy an RC Wheel Collar and install it on the pump actuating rod for the same effect.

Click HERE to get the wheel collar, apparently the 3/32" collar fits best. The idea is the collar fits on the rod, acting as a stop to limit the pump stroke (ala infamous BK mod). Cheaper than the P-38 and infinitely adjustable.

I have not tried this myself, but plan on using my friends 520 EXC as a guinea pig. At any rate a few guys at Thumpertalk have tried this with some success.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom