BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I'm looking to customize my bike in black or camo and was wondering where I can get plastic. I've checked everywhere, UFO, N-Style, Factory Effex... and most places seem to offer only the same green plastic only. I did see where some places offered a black front fender but not rear. Can I use any MX black rear fender? No one seems to carry much different for plastic & graphics for the KDX only the MX bikes.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Maier makes a black KDX specific rear mx style fender. Factory Effex makes black backgrounds cut just for the KDX.

Last edited:

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
Well IMO the traditional trail fender for the front is too boring looking. So I took the front fender off my DRZ (actually its an 01 RM250 fender!) and bolted it up. After reaming the holes out a bit it bolted right up it looks awesome. Not to mention its stronger than the stock shape fender and holds up better to gettin caked up with mud. I also tried putting on the front number plate which is from a 96-98 RM. It is possible to mount it up with some simple brackets.

Heres a pic (imagine the bike altogether!):
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/758835/1611971/19703045.ptp

Hope it helps. ;)

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Thanks for the info. Beefking, I tried to pull up your picture, but it siad I was forbidden to look, do you have any other links to your bike pictures.
Thanks

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I too am looking into going black, But I am looking into plastic dye. In my old R/C car days, we ised to take white nylon plastic pieces, and boil then in rit dye and it would absorb the color. Also they make a plastic dye, and automotive paint supply shop should be able to find products.

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
The best you can hope for without spending a ton of money is a 2 tone. Nobody makes side number plates in black, and a custom clarke black tank will be $300. Maier makes everything else in black. I guess you could call Maier and see if they'd make the number plates for you. It never hurts to ask. The tank is gonna be the biggest sticking point I fear. Boy, but won't it look cool... :thumb:

Top Bottom