marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
russ i think i have decieved you-thinking about it the bottoming cone is more of a stop for the spring guide-i dont think when they are assmebled it will use enough travel to act as a bottoming cone.I will look into it next rebuild.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by Shocknut

This is one aspect of forks where Jer and I always disagreed, so he's probably gonna punch me again. But I like these things because of the consistency in performance compared to the cv (don't have to worry about leaks), and I like the more progressive bottoming feel.

Now Jeff that was the old Jeremy... The new Prozac poping JW will have no such hard words for his buddy of many years.... For those that don't know better (I'm joking about the prozac... ) Its an iside Joke......

So all that aside I will staunchly debate you on the oil lock deal.. And I'm sure you'd have it no other way.. The purpose of the CV is two fold it aids in purging the fork of air, so the suspension is more consistent, and solid in feel. This is very good and very important. Plus it tends to some exstent serve as a high speed blow off reducing the amount of high speed compression.. Very cool.. (Mr. Maeda and I have debated this aspect BTW) So the CV is good..

Now the elastomer is way beter, as it is not speed sensetive. It only knows load and postion.. Therfore it is more consistent over a wider range. Unfrotunalty the early YZ's had the soft red duraometer compound and these prove soft for most anyone over "schoolboy" in terms of stones.. And by your own admision buddy.. You need a heavy one :eek: So My advice is when you get your 03 make sure you give that CV and heavy bumper equpied fork a honest shot.. But in realty we need KYB to make a "yellow" bumper for a man of your stone value..

Originally posted by Shocknut
Another aspect, is anytime you can improve your bottoming control you don't need to worry about so much in terms of valving. I feel this is good. I also think the stock CR and KX setups are a bit loose.

Ok.. So we can mask bad suspension and sell it off as good to the unknowing? :p I know what you mean, but that sure sounds like some other idiot we know........

Thanks for the good topic guys.. You know what, I jsut wish they would have put a Varibale orfice on that Restrictive barrier.. Had they done that, we would be looking at that thing diferently I belive.. I know a respected tuner who has some intresting ideas for a baldder that works the oposite (maybe more intuntive way) as the existing design. It plays postion into a blow off.. hum.....

BR,
Jer

steve242cr

Jan 30, 2003
Please!?! I believe that before one can make an honest effort in the world of suspension tuning (let alone giving advise on how to do so), thay need to be able to punctuate and spell correctly. At least get us in the general area with the message you are trying to convey!!! I find it very difficult to listen to someone tell me how to find the rebound ajduster when they have so much trouble finding the ",". I realize that we are all short on time, however, it makes it so much easier to read when it makes a little bit of sense.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom