B

biglou

I got this message on my answering machine yesterday afternoon. It was a guy I hadn't heard from since I got out of the Marines in 1987. Turns out he has gotten in touch with about 20-30 of us former VMA-513 types and we are now planning a reunion for next year. I talked to him on the phone for 90 minutes or so last night, and have been trading emails with him and a couple others all day. He happens to live in Chicago, too. So he may make it down to Wardy's for a visit. Coincidentally, his older brother, who is 41 I think, started riding dirtbikes 3-4 years ago. He also thought it interesting that I was friends with a current VMA-513 Marine (Kav). Strange stuff. What an interesting thing this internet has turned out to be! There is also a guy on the list from the unit that was born one day later than I was in the same hospital. We were talking one day in the barracks back in 86 sometime while watching TV when we discovered that.

That's all! Not terribly interesting, I just felt like sharing. lol

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Lou, I don't think you've ever talked to anyone on the phone for LESS than 90 minutes. :)

Top Bottom