m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i know that this is not an atv forum. i use this place to get alot of info on my dirtbikes. i couldnt find a good forum, so i came here. its a question about the engine. its a 99 350cc air cooled four stroke. when it is started and are warming it up if you give the throttle a blip a puff of black smoke will come out. then after a few more seconds it will puff white smoke if you blip the throttle. if you not blipping the throttle it wont smoke. then once it gets warm it all goes away. thanks for any help. the only reason i came here is i know there is alot of smart people on here with good info. and i didnt know where else to go. i figured that if this problems occurs on any four stroke, if a quad or bike maybe its caused by the same this. again its a 99 350cc air cooled four stroke. thanks for any and help guys.

-mike.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Ring seal tends to be a bit worse in a cold engine. The oil rings may be getting a bit worn. It will probly run for a long time in that condition.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
sorry joe, i didnt know you meant piston rings when you said that. thanks for the help guys.

-mike

Top Bottom