Jul 30, 2004
I had the rear shock on my 04 kdx 220 blow. it now has no rebound or compresion like it was only the spring. there was a clear liqud on the floor under the shock. i was wondering if this has happened to any of you and where i can get it rebuilt? I was wondering if freddrete or eric gorr rebuilds shocks. if not i was gonna maybe go race-tech.

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
Were you running with the compression set really stiff? Many times people run the compression stiff to keep from bottoming, when they really just need a stiffer rear spring. That can lead to premature shock failure.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
kx250kev said:
Hmmm.....have any rough landings that might explain it? Hope this is not a common problem, but I don't think it is. Anyone?
I still have the original-never been rebuilt-unit on my '95 with no probs. Lots & lots of (too many) "rough landings", slamming into logs, rocks, drop offs, etc

Jul 30, 2004
no i ride hard but i dont do an jumps. Lets just say i havent been the hardest on his bike to make the shock blow by any stadards. Anyways i think my going to send it to fredrette. I how it wont take to long. oh well thanks for the help.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Jeff Fredette can re-build your shock.
But I've only used MX-tech for all my suspension needs. He did my KDX, and my ATK. I have no reason to use anyone else.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom