BOGUS Dirtrider.net E-mail/Virus??

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Figured I'd post this here so all subs/support team would see it. I just got the following e-mail sent to my dirtrider.net account:

Dear user of e-mail server "Dirtrider.net",

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative e-mail content)
outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been infected by
a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe,
follow the instructions.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password: 06356.

The Management,
The Dirtrider.net team http://www.dirtrider.net

The attachment is password protected so it keeps some virus programs from scanning the file. I am assuming this is bogus and a virus but I haven't been able to confirm what type of virus because of the password issue. I am certain if you enter the password it will execute the file and infect the PC. I tried forwarding the message to my home account so I could check the message with Norton's but either the DRN outgoing server or my incoming mail server is recognizing that the attached info.zip is a virus because the forwarded mails never arrive.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Delete it! It is a virus. Okie sent an email out. It was not signed, "The Management".

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I got Okie's e-mail about the server being down message or something like that. It's long since deleted, I was just giving a heads up to the rest of the folks on some different variations of this virus e-mail. :thumb:

B

biglou

I've been getting similar emails. Got one from "DRN", and another from my "Computer Manager" at work. I also get several per day at all my email addresses, all of which are "Re: Your File", or, "Your Music", or "Hi". The auto preview always shows the same thing-"You have been infected, yadda-yadda, open attached file..." Lots of grammatical errors, too. It's almost comical.

Top Bottom