LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Hey were doing a thing in school were we have to read a book and it can be anything we want and i want to read a dirtbike related book, Does anyone know of a good book that they would recommend?? Preferably about motocross or racing :)

Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The best dirtbike book EVER.

http://www.superhunky.com/Monkey.htm

MONKEY%20BUTT%20BOOK.jpg

From Super Hunky's website :

Rick Sieman 's 640 page book is now in its third printing, and if you're a real dirt biker, this is for you. Read what it's all about:

WARNING! STRAP YOUR HELMET ON BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK! IT'S A WILD RIDE! Outrageous, hard-hitting, hilarious, brutally honest, wildly entertaining and loaded with inside stories about the dirt bike industry, MONKEY BUTT! ch ron icles more than 30 years of this amazing phenomenon. Everything from bench racing and tall tales, to the huge land battles with the Phantom Duck, can be found in these pages.

If you've been a dirt biker at any time in the last quarter-century, you'll find plenty here to make you smile, some stuff to make you mad, and things that will stun you. Want an inside line on who really runs the AMA? It's here. What almost killed the motorcycle industry? The real story is in these pages. Want to get behind the scenes of the tests and stories that you read? MONKEY BUTT! tells the amazing saga of Dirt Bike Magazine, from Day One. “... I'm sure there's a number of things in here that will get both of us in a fair amount of trouble, but this is as close to the truth as you're going to get. - Paul Clipper /Trail Rider “... Finally, a book for those who remember what it used to be like in the Good Olde Days.” - Rondo Talbot/Mr. Know-It-All

“ .... This book is going to rattle a lot of cages, and it's long over-due. “Tom Fiala

“... A ch ron icle of the glory years of dirt riding, MONKEY BUTT! takes you through a time of radical changes, from the early days of crude, ill-handling bikes, to the current generation of high-tech marvels. It's also a behind-the-scenes look at the land use battles, and the motorcycle industry, recounted with humor, honesty, and great insight. You will be educated and entertained, for Rick is a very funny man who tells it like it was.” - Gil Vaillancourt/Works Performance

“ .... You are about to embark on a strange and wonderful journey through the rise and fall of the motorcycle industry, and I can practically guarantee that what you read here will not exactly be what you thought it would be. - Paul Clipper

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
That reminds me, I e-mailed them to ask if they would ship a copy of Monkey Butt to Canada and got no response, I need to follow up on that.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
ship it here , and i'll foward it chili !

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
lol old guy,
i have a copy that i plan to hold on to.
Was always a super hunky fan.As a kid getting (or waiting to see if i would get)
the next uissue of Dirt Bike was a very big thing!!

Chili-
Service Honda
5634 hohman
hammond Ind 46320

attn: AJ

Last edited:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
i will chili!
and forward it up to you.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldguy said:
By way of my place I have never read it :cool:

Dave - I'll ship you my copy if you want to read it. :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
LEllis7motox said:
Hey were doing a thing in school were we have to read a book
Now that I think of it there is a teacher with a new concept- actually making a student READ a BOOK :yikes: Hard to believe a teacher would be so cruel at least she makes it possible for the student to pick a book they can enjoy
lellis7motox said:
maybe ill check some library's around town for it thanks
and now a second life lesson tossed in there

Lellis I hope you can find the book and get through it

Rich thanks for the offer but I think I will put it on my CHRISTmas wish list for now- If that doesn't work then maybe

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
chilli its here,,

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sweet! I pm'd you my mailing address. You could just package it with the Demo 09 KX500AF and I'll help get the word out to the Canadian Market for you ;)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
i'll see if it will fit in the box ;)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the heads up Rich, will be going to see if I can find it tonight :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom