CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Looks like myself and another poor sap (and who knows how many others) got taken by this, let's just say "person" on E B A Y. She had quite a few pairs of Tech 8's for sale new in box. I got some for $218.00. Good deal right? Nope. I paid right away, feeling the joy before Dirtweek and got no calls or e-mails for quite awhile. Now it looks like the only thing I got was a good old fashioned e-srewin'. :bang:

Beware of any person selling gear under the e-screw name of rainbowbritestar1, she is starting to get negative feedback from others telling the same boot story in the same time frame.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
It took me 5 months but I got a refund in full from Paypal for a purchase I made that never shipped this year. Since then I am far more carefull in who I bid with

I looked up this seller and without the last 2 negatives that just showed up I would have dealt with the user as well. Seemed to be a model client.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Dam that sucks bro :( May the bug that she is get squashed on the windshield of life. P.S. Thanks for the heads up.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yeah, I'm trying to get Paypal to refund me as it was a Paypal Protected item for sale, plus she had good feedback, but mostly as a buyer...very little feedback as a seller. Guess I learned the hard way 227 times ($218 plus freight). Hopefully paypal helps out. I just wanted to make sure nobody else got hustled out of some hard earned $$$ for imaginary boots.

Lastly, I should've never bid on an item that didn't show an actual pic of the "new in box boots"

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
E B A Y Blows.

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
man i know your pain i bough a $300 16g turbocharger for my car off a different auction site and it never came, guy wouldnt answer his phones or anything. There is a site that you can go to and report stuff like this it think it might be fraud.com or somethin.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Okiewan said:
E B A Y Blows.

Being on an exrtemely tight budget, if not for the E*** site, I would not have been able to return to riding. It's just like everywhere else, 5% bad apples, 95% good. I have bought 3 bikes, most of my gear, tires, tools,and a ton of accessories, and have been burned once or twice. Even my tech 8s were bought there, being almost new, for under $150. Also have been able to sell at least 2K worth of left over "junk" to finance the riding fix. If it wasn't for E***, I never would of ended up here. That really would have blown.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Was it a paypal payment drafted dirrectly out of your bank account? of through a credit card. If routed through any credit/debit card. You may choose to dispute the charge, as per policy of any card bearing the visa, or mastercard logo, you can dispute the charges, especially in the case were a product doesn't even show up. OOOOORRR you can get the adress of the seller, and take a little roadtrip, not sure how bad a $227 beating needs to be....
The other pain in the ass was is to get a verified adress from the seller off of paypal, and go file a small claims case in your local court ( under $50 ) and then the seller has to make an appearance, once they fail you can put a collection on their credit report..

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Since I have never purchased anything except from a major company who was selling heavy machinery on e*** I cant say I have ever had any experience with it, however it always struck me like it was a rip off artist dream come true for a place like e*** to even exsist.

Buying a bike off E *** ? you got to be kidding me, ask Tahayu Rat about purchasing a bike off e***

I Hope you get your money back, lets just hope the seller died or something and you wernt intentionaly ripped.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
FOUND HER!! She works at a dealership and after talking w/ the owner he can't figure out why she would have had 4 pairs of Tech 6's and 8's as well as goggles. And the questioning begins...

I'll let you all know what happens

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Good outcome!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
The owner had no idea what was going on. When he asked her about it, she said her brother was selling his Tech 6's and 8's that he had gotten under sponsorship. Funny thing was that they were all different sizes. Must of been a growth spurt thing. The owner is a stand up guy and is paying all of the people she scammed back in full.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Nice to see there are still some good guys out there in the motorcycle business.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Reminds me of a former police lieutenant in Great Falls, MT. Convicted and sent to prison for embezzlement. Got out of prison, became a manufacturer's rep in the powersports industry. Received a lot of product samples either free, on consignment, or at distributor cost. Sold them on e-Bay. Sure, eventually it caught up to him, but by then he'd be on to the next manufacturer purporting to rep their wares. He's still out there, with a warrant out for his arrest. Beware...

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Kudos to the dealer. It'd be nice if his honesty were repaid, it's not as though he's responsible for what his staff do outside of hours. At the moment it sounds like a lose-lose proposition for him - he forks out the cash, he loses goods, he probably loses a staff member.
Everyone is quick enough to complain if things go wrong but credit where credit is due.
I don't know if he's asked you to not name him due to legal reasons or whatever, but if you are able to, it'd be nice to know of an honest dealer (I can't see me going there, but others might).
Michelle

Top Bottom