Boot Soles Wear Out Too Fast

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I'm a 200 lb Vet Pro motocrosser. I ride an 04 CRF 450 with stock pegs, and they are not sharpened. I typically get only 10 or fewer rides out of the soles on my Alpinestars Tech 8s before the inserts are toast. I just bought a pair of Fox Forma Pros and gouged 1/4 inch into the soles on the first ride. A guy at my local performance shop recomends Fastway pegs to cure the problem. Does anyone have any insights to share, or know of a more durable sole that can be cobbled onto my otherwise sweet boots?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Both Sidi & Gearne soles last a lot longer than Fox or Alpinestars.

Most of the guys I ride with have Sidi soles on their A/stars.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
I would consider having a Sidi Sole put on it.

Below is a copy and paste from a poster on another forum.

"Sole Performance at 165 South El Camino Real, Suite K, Encinitas CA 92024. The Phone # is 1-800-944-2755. The cost of the Sidi soles is $79.99 plus $12.99 return shipping. The turn around time is 2 days."

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
I've heard fastway pegs wear out boot soles even faster.

Sole Performance does an excellant job with a 2 day turn around. I've read post where guys have worn out the tech 8 soles after 3 rides and had Sole Performance replace them with Sidi soles and they have gone all year without any sole problems.

You can call Sole Performance at (800)944-2755 M-F 9:30- 6 SAT. 9:30- 5 pacific time. Sole Performance is where Alpinestars sends their stuff for repair.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I went from Tech 8s to Sidis last fall and can assure you the soles are much better on the Sidis. Gaerne soles are excellent too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…