Boots - Garne SG 10s

RED78

Dec 28, 2004
Just bought a pair. Rode for 3 days immediately after pulling them out of the box. Great Boots! No pressure points and I wasn't even eager to take them off despite being brand new. Very comfortable. The buckle system is one of the best. SIDI's are perhaps SLIGHTLY easier and Alpine Star's Tech 10's three buckle set up is great, but the Garne's are right there with the best.

As with any new boots shifting and braking feel took some getting used to. Don't know how the soles will last compared to others, but given I'm 49, ride occasionally, and treat my stuff well, I probably won't wear them out. Very glad I spent time to research and try on MANY brands/models - and bought the Garne SG10s!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool - good review. Red and I are planning on switching from Tech 8's to the SG10's sometime this year. We're looking forward to the SG10's as we've heard a lot of positive feedback and good reviews.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm switching from Tech-8's to the SG10's as well. Will Patison convinced me at DW that the SG10's offer more protection then my -8's.

Besides, when I saw Gomer's Red boots, I said to myself "the SG10’s must be good if he feels he can wear those in public"

RED78

Dec 28, 2004
Hope you enjoy them as much as I am. Let me know what you think after you do switch.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Well after 3 years of riding with Sidi SRS, I picked up some SG 10s. Haven't rode with them yet, (I'll do that tomorrow), but just by the looks it doesn't look like they will chew up the airbox as bad (Since they have a nice placement of rubber where the boot meets the bike, hope the rubber hold up and is replacable though). And since they don't have a adjustable calves I won't have to worry about loosing the dang calf screws, and washers like I did in the Sidi. Those where the only things holding me back from buying another pair of Sidi, I got tired of messing with lost screws, or ripped out screws in the calf area. Well I better get to bed, so I can go rip around in these shiny white suckers in the morning,

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Red,

These boots interest me too. I have a very wide foot, 12EEE. I could barely close the tech 8 size 13, and my feet would go numb in about 15 minutes. I currently wear Oneal harware, size 13. What size foot do you have(width). I have heard the Gaerne's are suited for a wider foot?

Thanks, Steve.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I'm not Red, but in a Red Wing work boot I wear a 9 EE, and a size 10 in a Gaerne fits pretty snug. Not to the point where it's uncomfortable, but just -snug. I could easily wear a 9.5 in a Sidi, but they were -snug as well. But my Gaerne's were not any wider in the foot area, than a Sidi. But they are wider in the calf area, alot wider.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…