BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I had a pair of High Point Pro GP's for 12 years.Then,I worked with Alpinestars and got a pair of Tech 6's,after waiting 1 1/2 years.I wear a size 16.The plastic Tech 6 got a tear after one ride and the soles are already chewed up.I only have 300 miles on my bike,so I would have expected better.I will definetly buy the High Points,next time.Seems funny,since they are both made by Alpinestars.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
AXO's (mx2 or something like that). Have had 'em for 6mos. with no problems. Lot's of miles on 'em, lot's of water crossings and they keep my feet pretty dry. Not bad in the comfort dept. either.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Your feet and legs are VERY important. Go ahead and spend the extra $$$ for the Alpinestars Tech 8's. No other boots even compare to the quality and performance of the Tech 8's. The inner booty....it works.

vandean

Feb 19, 2002
Everybody's opinion on there boots.Now here is the answer to your dilemna.I have a brand new pair of Axo RC5's.My friend has a year old pair of FOX Forma's.If you were to ask him he would tell you the same as I.Buy the Axo's.Same comfort as the Fox's .Better buckling system.These boots are amazing.Buckle them up in less than a minute(and thy stay closed!) and they feel really comfortable.My old pair of Answer boots were great until I bought the Axo's.Wouldn't even look at another boot.And they are definetely well made.I've hit them against rocks and trees already,no damage.

Last edited:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Just getting back into the sport, and bought the Answer Team 2's. Seem okay - of course, the plan is to never have to walk very far in them. Right.....
BTW, what is the best way to clean the inside of them, once you go through 'submarine ops'? I finally ended up just hosing them out inside - still waiting for them to dry, 5 days later. Is there a better way?

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
I tried on several different boots and decided on the Gaerne RX Pro. The 2002 model retails at $179. I was fortunate in that Bob's cycle had the 2001 model in my size. Picked them up for $119. No meaningful difference in the 2 model years. I would look for a boot with replaceable clamps.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Alpinstars are by far the most comfortable boot I have worn. Tech 8's are great. I cant say enough about them. Just reserve yourself to accepting not an entirely dry foot, but then again, what part of you isnt dry after a ride anyways. ;) Errrr....maybe that's just me.

B.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Alpine tech 6. bought a pair of O neal Elements, leaked, lasted 3 months till the soles where the pegs rest wore away.:( I had a pair od AXO's last year, they never really broke in always stiff!??
Tough call everyone has thier own brand. Good luck!!
Joe :)
2001 kdx 200
2 TTR 125 Boy "A"'s and "B"'s
2000 ATK 125
Watch the trees, they hate bikers and rocks too!!

Brian2

Aug 2, 2001
LOVE the AXO RC5's! And I'd buy them again. Feet stay mainly dry, unless submerged. Then all I get is a wet strip on the top of my socks. I can live with that. They are comfortable, NO calouses. EVER. Not when new, not with 50 rides on them. Durablity is good. All wear surfaces are tough and reinforced. Get em', best bang for the buck out there. BTW, are they still priced around $229 U.S.?

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I just today purchased a pair of Alpinestar tech8. I tried on Fox Forma and Fly 805. I have a narrow foot and the tech 8 were by far the most comfortable that I tried on. Thats what made my decision. My son who has a wide foot really liked the feel of the Fly 805, so thats what he went with. We both went for the $$ on our last pair and were using Thor. They went from too tight to very loose and sloppy, no support, and the soles grated away real fast from the foot pegs. Neither of us have gone riding yet with our new boots, but we sure are lookin good wearing them around the house. My wife thinks we are nuts.. Can't wait til this weekend to try them out. I will report back then.
Lew

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I got a new pair of Sidi force off of ebay this spring for the same price as High point and I am really glad I did. Total protection for your feet and a lot of adjustment so it can be custom fit to any persons calf size. And a lot of the parts are replaceable with different colors to jazz them up a little more. I would buy a pair again in a heart beat if these ever got stolen. I dont think I will ever wear them out.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Sidi Flex Force boots..... Great support, replaceable soles and other parts and virtually no break in time.... Highly suggest the boot......

Top Bottom