bought a bike that sat all winter...

Jul 22, 2008
Well I stumbled on a killer deal on a YZ125 from a guy who's kid crashed it and crushed the radiator. Father was pissed that he did such expensive damage to it and put it away in the garage and never winterized it or anything.

Question is what would be needed to get it up to running order? Going to take the carb apart and clean it out, drain the fuel. But what about the engine? It didn't get ridden while it was leaking coolant so it didn't overheat.

Thanks.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Change the oil on top of what you are doing ad fire it up. Check for leaks, etc... and then go from there.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Plenty of used radiators on ebay as well. If you can't locate a good used one, repair would most likely be the better option. The price for a new one is reeee-diculous.

Jul 22, 2008
julien_d said:
Plenty of used radiators on ebay as well. If you can't locate a good used one, repair would most likely be the better option. The price for a new one is reeee-diculous.

:bang:

The old radiator got thrown away when he saw what happened so I have no choice. The bike was so cheap its not a big deal at this point. I already have an '07 at this point so I thought I could fix it and sell it for a few bucks extra.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT What years fit? Its an '06 by the way.

Top Bottom