Boyseen Power Reeds Help

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Bought a set today for my 220. For the people who have installed them, did you have to change your jetting? If so which circut did you adjust? I'm waiting for my FMF Gnarly(REV) & TurbineCore2 to arrive. I'm wondering if the pipe setup leans the bike, if so it could be I do't need to adjust like my old 200

rollerman

Jun 29, 2004
i just put power reeds in ,fmf gnarly woods and turbinecore q silencer i changed the jet to 150, moved my air clip to the third pos.. WOW..... what a difference..
tom

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
The pipes will be here Monday,I'll install the reeds tomorrow, I'll probably drop the clip one notch and see how it looks and go from there. :cool:

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
I am not sure what type of reeds I have in my bike (200). I had it apart recently and the spare parts guy said he didnt think they were stock. How can you tell stock reeds from aftermarket ones? How can you identify after market reeds?

Thanks for any help.

Sep 15, 2004
I have boyesen power reeds and a fmf granly torque pipe on my '05 200 it richens the bike up quite a bit I live at sea level went from a 160 main to a 152 and 45 pilot.Definatly re-jet your bike after the changes it makes a world of difference in the kdx.REALLY opens it up gives you much more of a bottom end.You wont beleive the difference.I am about to send my carb to get bored.Cant wait!!!

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Mine is jetted @ 145M, 42P, 3rd Postion on N
FMF suggests 145-148M, 42P & 3rd Position on N
Boyseen suggests 1-3 smaller on M or 1 smaller on pilot or lean needle by 1 position or adjust air circut. I think I'll try the needle first. Last month I leaned the needle on notch & got a slight lean bog. So I know my jeting is pretty close.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Got the FMF Rev & TurbineCore2 today. WOW What a difference. Frontend like to take flight more now. Sounds better also. Installed the reeds, had to lean the needle one notch and plug (BR7ES) looks good with the whole setup, P.S.Shifting gears from fourth to fifth on a wheelie. What a difference :aj:I run a hotter plug because the woods get heavy and sped gets slower. But I will try the BR8ES, once I change the pre-mix ratio
TTFN

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…