Another happy RB Designs KDX owner.

oldturtle

Sep 11, 2005
Wow, what a difference. I bought a very low hour 04 KDX220 and rode it totally stock including stock pipe for about a year. I finally got off my arse and bought FMF gnarly rev pipe/spark arrestor, Wiseco piston, fork springs, and mailed carb and head to RB Designs. Bolted her back together and she fired up on 2nd kick. Only adjustment was idle screw and the jetting feels right on the money. I never rode my 220 with only pipe mods but the total package with RB carb and head mods plus FMF has seriously transformed my KDX. I love it. The bottom end is clean and crisp. Mid range is smooth and strong. And that top end feels like a full 250 MXr when needed but bike is still very easy to control thru bottom into mid range in gnarly situations.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I believe it is about $45 for the head and $150 for the carb mods.

I have had a few things done by Ron myself and it is always a quality job and packaging is over the top...he likes the shrink wrap!!

he has done my kdx200 cylinder (had a sleeve already) my it175 crank and it175 cylinder I got 2 stickers with each job well done.

some folks around here call him a shinney port guy but he is a detailed machinist with very good communications skills and has always answered my emails and phone calls, I just wish he lived next door..

Top Bottom