DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
Why is it that I never hear of anyone running a G-rated plug in their KDXs? I recently tried a BR8EG plug in my bike and really like the results. It makes the bike "snappier" than when I ran the BR8ES plug. Is the G-rated plug going to cause problems for me down the road? Will it require me to rebuild the top end more frequently?

Thanks.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
Thanks canyncarvr! I had a feeling it was fine. I don't mind spending the extra dollar every few months for the increase in performance it gives me.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I used to foul the ES often. The 7ES didn't foul but was slightly lean. So now I use the 8EG with perfect results. No fouling...perfect color. Bike runs great....in fact I've had the same one in mine now for a year and its still running great!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Jinx!!!

You should have NEVER said that out loud!!;) Make SURE you have a spare plug with you next time out!!!!!!!

Heck. I've never tried one. Think I'll go get one right now!
**edit**
Alas. No joy in mudville. I couldn't FIND a B7EG. Then was told that NGK didn't make one.....8s, but no 7s.

Last edited:

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
HaHa, jinx.

Actually the reason that I tried a BR8EG was sort of a jinx situation. I had just removed my fender bag the night before a ride. I hadn't needed it in quite some time and I usually keep a spare plug in there. Well, needless to say I fouled a plug and forgot to put one in my pocket before we left. One of my buddies had the EG plug, so I gratefully installed it. Haven't run anything but that plug since!

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by DAVE C
Thanks canyncarvr! I had a feeling it was fine. I don't mind spending the extra dollar every few months for the increase in performance it gives me.
Dollar? The EG runs about $9.00 here and the ES is about $3.00. How much are you paying, Dave and where, I might need to mail order some.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
$3.79 each at Napa auto parts. I'm pretty sure they were the same price in the Rockymountain catalog (don't quote me on it though).

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
What brand is the BR8EG? NGK? The only NGK spark plugs I could find for KDX is b9es(standard) b9ev( fine wire) b9evx(fine wire platinum).

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
br8eg is an ngk number. All the plugs you list being '9s', I presume you are looking for plugs by bike model application? An older kdx app at that?

The 'eg' series is a fine wire plug..heck, even comes in a RED racing box!

If you want a br8eg..just ask for it by name at any ngk retailer.

Top Bottom