brakes(01 yz 125)

MXracer23

Apr 30, 2002
the other day i was workin on my bike and i i had my friend lean it up against a pole, sure enough it fell and when i picked it up, the front brake lever was broken. A little mad i went to lean it up again and realise there was NO presure at all in the front brake, i have no experence with hydrolic brakes at all and have no idea what could have happned, any sugestions would be awsome(Y) thankz... JAY P.S we tryed bleading them>....

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
So they won't pump up? I'm curious, how did you bleed the brakes? It seems to me that it may be the actuator the pushes in on the master cylinder is broken, leaving you with 0 pressure. Does the lever have any resistence, or does it move free? With a little more info like that, it'll be easier to get an idea of whats going on...

MXracer23

Apr 30, 2002
other than the ristance of the spring thers nothing, even when i pump it :s so i have no idea THanKz

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by MXracer23
other than the ristance of the spring thers nothing, even when i pump it :s so i have no idea THanKz
Since there is no pressure build I would start looking around the Master Cylender. From your general description, I am leaning to the lever being snapped off away from the bars and cracking the case of the cylender. A small crack can suck alot of air and not leak. A small air bubble in the MS will cause you to loose it all. Another thing to check out is with the same fall if the lever was pulled to the bar and past to breaking is a frozen plunger beneigth the swing of the lever. You will still get the tention of the spring but no movement of the plunger in the cylender. My bet falls on a frozen plunger. ;)

MXracer23

Apr 30, 2002
thanks alot man im goin out to the shop today so ill check that out
and thankz again JaY

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
[Drum Roll......] And the verdict is?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…