Sep 15, 2004
Just wanted to thank all of you on helping me decide which bike to buy!I got my 05' kdx 200 today!I have only ridden it for 10 minutes and I am SO HAPPY with my choice.This bike rocks!Thanks again!!!!! :eek:

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Congrats on the new bike and enjoy! You'll find lots of helpfull info on this great site, like I did. BTW, I used Yamalube for a while, smoked too much I thought,so I experimented with different brands. Finally settled on an Amsoil synthetic. Ride a lot, so you can burn a lot of pre-mix, and see which works for you! :) Jim G.

kawrider

Jun 27, 2004
Hey, Yank!
I know what you mean. When I got my '04 a couple of months ago, I didn't think I could wait untill the engine was broken in. I used to use Golden Spectro, No one in my area carries it now so I'm using Bel-Ray.
Try to run a synthetic oil, these won't gum-up the power valve like regular oils can.
Later,
Dave

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
i got my 04 about a month ago i was just as exited. i worked all summer for it and i couldnt belive that i finally got a real bike. my last bike was a 79 dt 125. i used to go to the track with that and pass people on real bikes so i cant wait until i get my 200 to the track. i use the belray h1r i belive it is and im going to try somethin else when im done with the quart because im foulin plugs left and right and when i ran kawachem it ran better i might try that amsoil if i can find it...good luck
chris

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
A goo dpremix is Castrol ACTEVO which is semi Synthetic. If you use this, mix to about 5.5 gallons to 1 bottle. The bottl eis 16 ounces or something, not 12 like spectro. And the better of this is Castrol TTS Premix., Which is Fully synthetic. (Another thing that is kool about this TTS premix is that its blue :yeehaw: ) Any of the premix's Ive used which I believe are only spectro, and castrol... I have never had any problems.

If you want to be really kool and make it smell like you are burning race gas... buy a bottle of Blenzall Gold Label (spelling?) And dump it into a fresh batch of 4-6 gallons of gas with the premix. This stuff is like 5 bux a bottle or something vs. 8$ per gallon for race fuel. :yeehaw: :nener:

Top Bottom