kart2strokes

Feb 19, 2004
I need help, we are constantly breaking exhaust pipe to exhaust flange springs. I safety wire them together to keep the broken one from falling off (usually catch the problem before both are broken). On one of the engines I've managed to install 4 springs, 2 on each side and safety wired them together. I've also tried high temp RTV and it helped but didn't solve the problem. I've also tried different types of springs and didn't solve the problem either. The pipe is rigidly mounted to the engine so there is no independent vibration (would be if pipe were mounted to chassis). This is happening on both a Honda CR125 and a Kawasaki KX125. I've used RLV springs, off brand springs and White Bros springs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Do the springs you are trying have the swivel hook on one end? Those are a lot easier to install without having to twist the spring, which makes them break really fast! Try some OEM springs just for kicks. I've had a lot better luck with them than any aftermarket (Especially the FMF pieces of junk that maybe last one ride!).

kart2strokes

Feb 19, 2004
Safety wire just keeps them from falling off.

BlazinBoy said:
Even when saftey wiring them they are still breaking?

I started safety wiring the exhaust springs to keep them from falling off and onto the track. I've matched exhaust port, flange and pipe to minimize exhaust pressure at the attachment of the pipe to the flange. It may have helped but nothing has solved the problem.

Top Bottom