broken bow oklahoma info

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
heard about a large area open to the public around lake broken bow oklahoma. how is it? how big? how many trails? and how difficult are the trails?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
it's probably weyerhauser land. seems that someone was talking about it recently.

Todd Turner

Dec 24, 2000
Private track/area there, too

When I was doing a project for Weyerhaueser over back in the spring, I found a motocross track on the NW side of Idabel. They have a lot of acres and trails but much of the area was damaged due to ice storms last winter. Check out local shops to find a name. The trails were supposed to be more for ATV's- many created with a bulldozer. I didn't hear of any tight-twisties.

Otherwise, the Weyco land is open to the public. I understand they have some sort of registration necessary, though. Kind of like the California Green Stickie. Again, I was only working in the area and wishing I had a bike with me. Sorry I can't be more help.

Todd

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Tulsa Trail Riders (TTR) have acquired 1700 acres near McAlister. More info is available on their site. I'll try to post the site later.

rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
Todd is correct. There is an mx track on the NW side of Idabell about 5 miles south of Broken Bow. On the same section of land they have built a series of trails that is geared toward ATV's. However there is a 40mile loop of X-Country cut in there somewhere. I have seen the track and trails but never ridden either. There is a brand new Yamaha shop almost directly across highway 259 from the track. The entrance is tricky to see, right next to a Votech School if I'm not mistaken.

If you're actually in Broken around the lake area there are hundreds of miles of trails. I've ridden up there the last 4 - 5 years and still find new stuff. Most of it is old hunting, 4wheeler, or logging trail but some of it can get pretty ugly. There are some gnarly hillclimbs out there. There is a permit required depending on what areas you ride in. If you decide to take on the hunting trails stop at a local convenience store and pickup a map. Most the trails are marked.

The icestorm did damage alot of the trail last year but most of it has been either cleared away or alternative routes have been cut.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…