cgilliam

Aug 19, 2002
I had the skirt break on a piston and some of the pieces fell down into the crank case. Has anyone ever just flushed one out before? And if so have did you have any problems later on?

grass-digger

Oct 21, 2001
i had a similor problem except my crank was jamed with debry i finaly got it loose and my dealer said it was best to split to make sure there is nothing there so i did and i think it was a right decition

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
There's a possibility if the peices are small enough that you could flush them all out, but thats a big risk to take. Get the cases split so you can sleep at night :worship: :thumb: heh these are cool

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
the problem is with the smaller pieces...just one left over and it'll get expensive reeeeeeeal fast. I'd try flushing everything out , using compressed air and shaking the whole engine and rotating the crank in every which way then hopefully everything would come out. But thats a big emphasis on hopefully. Good luck

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
I just had to do this too. I filled the case with gas and rotated the crank by hand to wash out the pieces. Layed the bike on its side and did it over and over.Also turned the bike upside down to make really sure it was clean. I didn't have an air compressor to blow air in, but my method worked.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
I too did the same thing as FritoBandito...using oil, WD40(3-cans) and premix gas to flush the engine.....Bike started, but haven't ran yet (fingers x)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom