fox_racer

Mar 17, 2004
Whenever i am trying to accelerate my bike it will go to about 3/4 throttle and then it will start bubbling. :| I have tried everything that i can think of, I have replaced the head gasket, new spark plug, cleaned the reeds, i have also check the compression and it is at 145Lbs, and checked the floats. I mix my gas 32:1. What do you think that I can do to fix this problem?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
fox_racer said:
Whenever i am trying to accelerate my bike it will go to about 3/4 throttle and then it will start bubbling. :| I have tried everything that i can think of, I have replaced the head gasket, new spark plug, cleaned the reeds, i have also check the compression and it is at 145Lbs, and checked the floats. I mix my gas 32:1. What do you think that I can do to fix this problem?
My first guess would be cracked reeds followed by bad electrical connections followed by too rich of a main jet.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
My first guess would be cracked reeds followed by bad electrical connections followed by too rich of a main jet.

Or a dirty or partially clogged main jet. My old RM did the same thing when I bought it, could coax it to full throttle by very carefully applying the throttle but would constantly burble and gasp. Took the carb apart to give it a good cleaning and found the main jet partially plugged with crud that had varnished in the jet. New main jet, no more troubles.

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Yeah, as these guys said, make sure there's no crud in your main jet. Also, make sure that the bike is jetted correctly. The wrong size of main jet would do this. Obviously that's not a possibility if the bike used to run fine at the same location and temp...

Top Bottom