Buffalo pit "Enduro Cross"

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Bish, I have been itchin for this race from the day I heard about it. I was at BR one of the days you guys were setting up and talked to you alittle. Anyway been blowin off the district HS's this year cause it was getting alittle old, and when this came along I got pretty pumped. Since I havent been racing this year (1 enduro) I will be there, but I had 4 other guys who ride alot but never did a HS or enduro (they moto mostly) planning of going, until they heard the entry fee. I think alot of people will be there because it is something new and "The Pit" is just about as good as it gets in Illinois. I dont know there is also a HS that day south. I hope it is a good turnout for you guys this could be a very good thing.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Bish
We have intentially stayed away from riding the woods to keep it as tight as possible. 

can you explain this?  You stayed away from the woods to keep it tight as possible?  sems backwards to me

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
We have stayed away from pre-riding the woods a lot to keep others from wearing out the trails before the event. There has been minimal traffic in much of the woods just to keep it as close to virgin as possible.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Bish, I was at BR Sat, rode from 12:00 till 5:00 (yes it was hot). I saw where you have marked some trail. Some looks real fun, good woods trail, mostly virgin trail and some looks real fun and hard.. I think everyone will be happy with the amount of trail you have marked out. There is also some very tough sections, like the orange dots going through the creek (wow!). I hope you don't get discouraged by the people that think the price is to high, the course sure looks worth the money. Tell all the people involved thanks for the effort, I'm coming and riding this one.

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Thanks for the positive. You missed most of the work we did Sunday with the Grass Track. Most of the woods are not yet arrowed either unless you pay attention to our painting. The creek is a fun (not) section. Some other "challenging" parts too. SHould be enough to send most home sore and tired :) . I hope everyone thinks it is worth it. Like I said, if we can get a good turnout and can evaluate/reduce our costs, will definitely consider more user friendly fees next year.

See you there.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Lots more good info on this thread about this event than the other thread. Planning on being at least 3 mabe 4 from Haridville/stoy area making the trip.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
KevinB4stk, I have talked to you awhile back about riding at Crab Orchard. I visit family down there( Harrisburg) couple of times a year. Imight be by myself, mind if I look you up. I only live about an hour away from BR so I will be rollin in early that day. I will be in a purple Caravan or maroon Saturn 4 door, with a 400exc.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Bish questions:

Is there only one 16mile loop, with the final A & AA loop changed before we ride it? (this may answer some below questions)

Are the B & C loops the same as the A & AA?

If they are different is there anytime that we cross each others trails?

Will we start like a tradition enduro with A, B, C, AA riders on the same minutes, or how will the start be?

What time will the GP be run? I assume an hour after the last check closes (so everyone can finish).

Will everyone run the GP at one time and the B & C only do 6 laps, or will there be 2 GP's?

Will each loop end with a known control and each loop start with a "Restart" or how are you getting away from time keeping?

Finally, what time does sign up start?

Thanks

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Answers:

Is there only one 16mile loop, with the final A & AA loop changed before we ride it? (this may answer some below questions)

Actually there are 3 loops totaling 16 miles. AA leave first, then A, then B, then C.

Are the B & C loops the same as the A & AA?

B & C loops are the same until the AA and A run the third time through at which point there will be some changes. The changes are primarily to add some more "challenging" terrain that C & B riders might complain about. I know I'm a B rider and I've complained about them just working it :)

If they are different is there anytime that we cross each others trails?

There are only 2 spots where trails will cross. One will be a stop and go by the motorcross track and the other we built an over/under bridge off the dirt road in back.

Will we start like a tradition enduro with A, B, C, AA riders on the same minutes, or how will the start be?

AA, A, B, C should be on different minutes (see above) unless we start running out of start minutes.

What time will the GP be run? I assume an hour after the last check closes (so everyone can finish).

Correct.

Will everyone run the GP at one time and the B & C only do 6 laps, or will there be 2 GP's?

One GP with AA & A riding more laps.

Will each loop end with a known control and each loop start with a "Restart" or how are you getting away from time keeping?

Correct. Each loop will end with a known control. There will also be observation checks within each loop. There will be "rest time" at the end of each loop based upon our mph average and a restart for the next loop. The rest time is reduced each loop based upon mph of the loop. If you are late enough, you will get no rest time on the later loops.

Finally, what time does sign up start?

7:00am, possibly 6:30 but I know I'm gonna be pretty tired come Sunday morning. Fortunately, I have nothing to do with signup, just setup/riding the course

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Good answers Bish. That helped some.

What do the Senior/Super Senior guys ride? I would assume the same as the B and C riders but it hasn't been mentioned yet.

How is everyone going to ride the GP at the same time? I guess I'm seeing a two miles course with possibly 100+ riders on it at the same time. Or did I miss something?

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
jsned,
We will be in a 32' Toiga motorhome pulling a 12' white enclosed railer, there will be 3 KTM 4 strokes and 1 Husqvarna 4 stroke in our group.
Hopfuly we will get there between 6 and 7pm on Saturday. If it works out right we will be parked next to a KTM box van owned by Competition Cycle from Terre Haute.
Look me up, should be fun.

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
You can ride Crab Orchard!?!
Game Wardens have Stopped by when
I was loading Deer into my rig
Never asked for anything linked to hunting (A First)!
Just wanted to know if I saw any ORV out here.
Actually I saw so many I thought it was legal
(I said NO to him)....

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000

Senior/Super Senior ride their level (A, B, C)

As it stands now, the B&C will ride the GP first for 4-6 laps, then the A & AA for 8-10 laps. If we had 100 on the course at a time, there would be a rider every 100ft. There would be some serious passing going on :)

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Bish

Senior/Super Senior ride their level (A, B, C)

If we had 100 on the course at a time, there would be a rider every 100ft. There would be some serious passing going on :)

There is no A, B in Super Senior so how long do we ride? :confused:

That's why I asked. It sounded kind of wild if all of the riders would be on the GP course at one time. ;) :laugh:

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by Layton

There is no A, B in Super Senior so how long do we ride? :confused:

That's why I asked. It sounded kind of wild if all of the riders would be on the GP course at one time. ;) :laugh:

Oops. Wasn't aware of that. Shows what I know. I would assume they will run each loop twice and then the GP like B&C.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…