salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
I've always wanted to try this Ohio D15/Aces enduro.
This was the 66th Peace Pipe. I loved it. The trails were in fantastic shape - a real clinic on low traction. No wonder those Ohio boys are so fast. They must think they are on Velcro when they ride out of state.

A few ditch/creek crossings with slippery clay banks with some HUGE ruts. I "stepped off" into one rut that was thigh deep. For a moment I was concerned that I and or my bike would be used as a traction device. It's been a long time since I used these skills and it showed - fortunately the Ohio boys were patient.A good number of logs. A root or two across the trail. Great flowing trail. It was awesome and fun.

Saw a few D15 riders [Brent F., Jeff K., Jesse W.]. Cody M. raced. Thank you for running my gas Liz.

Rode on the same minute with Karl F.. Nick was pitting for his dad. No brace on his knee. No limp.

For all you hair brain enduro riders who just have to get another race on the books in November - give this a try. $35 [pre-entry]. Timekeeper. 80+ ground miles. Lots of great trail.

Last edited:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Cool Scott!
So awesome that you are up for checking out new enduro adventures!
There's lots of cool sounding events out there that I'd like to try -- especially a few out east, and in Canada. I'm going to try to do one new "further away" event each year... unfortunately I've got to work so it's tough to do much more than that. This year I did the Big Sky XC, which was a hoot (tough, but still a hoot!).
Thanks for the report, and good on ya for getting to a different event!
:cool:

Top Bottom