smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
I have a flat patch of land that is roughly 50'x1000' that i am able to build a track on if i would like. I know it isn't big but do you guys have any ideas of what to do with it. Basically I'm just looking for something to go out and have fun on when i don't want to drive out to the usually crowded local track. I was thinking of something like an oval or figure eight shaped track with some jumps on the straights. I have a backhoe and front end loader at the property. what are your suggestions?

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Not so sure the figure 8 is a wise thought. You can do alot with 1000' the 50' will prvide two lanes, one each direction. When you mentioned "track" I assume your tinking MX. If so, build your obsticles whereas it can be ridden by a novice and a more experienced rider. Example would be a table with a jump in front where the novice can jump on and the more experienced jump over the combination... follow this up with a triple where the high speed guy/gal clears the table does the triple the other will roll off the table double in and single out. At one turn you might consider a bank the other off camber. A long rythm section is beboming popular so 6-8 jumps spaced 25-30' would afford each level rider to double, triple or any combination. A step-on with a lip into step down into a triplle would be interesting as well proiding many different decisions. Point here is you can do alot. As always thing about drainage and trck maintenance. At least you have tools to work with. Have fun building your track and be flexible... tracks change with experience.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I think that the figure 8 could work, provided that there is never more than 1 person riding the track at any given time. If you are willing to kep the track a little narrow, you could squeeze 4 lanes (6-8ft wide) into that 50 foot tract. That would allow for more interesting turns:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I wish I had land to build a track. I have enought land to build a double type thing which I am going to after winter is over

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I want to buy some and build one but my dad doesn't.

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
i will most likely be the only one riding the track. I want to try to do something more like FruDaddy suggested instead of basically an oval because i want to be able to practice both left hand and right hand turns on the track.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I have a track and the width maybe 100' and probably 300' long and I have a lot going on. I have 4 lanes side by side with SX style corners, flat and bermed as well as doubles in all but one lane and an on and off at the end that joins every thing back together. Burn the tight corners and long sweeping ones become nothing.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Dude, if you build a figure 8 mx track an more than one person rides it at a time, you will be a lock to win the next America's funniest home videos!

I can see it now, in the next Nitro Circus....

Top Bottom