motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Hello! I am interested in building a motocross track on my 7 acre property. It has really good potential but I don't know where to start. I have no clue what equimpment to use or anything. I don't want anything too extreme but something that'll keep me on my toes. I feel this is the best time to start because the soil is rather soft right now so it'll make moving it around pretty easy. Hopefully you can help. Thank you! :)

slinger34

May 1, 2006
Well, your riding skills will make you decide what your track will look like. For jumps, i think whoops, table tops and some doubles would be fine. step ups are good if the terrain is right. Again your riding skill will define the jumps. If it was me i would have a track layout that in one section have it be like a supercross track, tight turns winding on eachother, and then the other section of track make it like a traditional motorcross layout, wide layout with it following the natural terrain. incorporate turns and jumps into the land. I would say a good sized skid loader could get your track done. A Big Bucket and a power rake as an attachment is a good idea, levels the dirt and picks out rocks too. I would also think about getting a compact roller attachment also. you could flatten and compact the takeoff and landing ramp so you have a solid base. also if the land is grassy or wooded, a tractor with rototiller would be good to grind the soil up before power raking.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
I would first start with a layout, clearing the land area were the route will go and the width you feel you going to need( I try to make it wide enough to clear 4 or 5 quads side by side).

then deciding to build the jumps and kind of jumps you want, starting with basic jump and adjust them untill you got them the way you want them according to your skill. it is at this point a basic jump can be a skill builder, and being your trak you can adjust at your will, not someone elses.

not to mention your straight runs, flat turns, turns with berms( make sure you have left and right turns of both types), and wipdedo's or rythems. build it according to what you can handle, nothing suxs more than hyped up after building a trak and crashing hard first time out cause you made a spot bit too much for your exsiting skill.

Make sure when you build it you know were your water collecting spots if any are at, and adjust if you feel you need to. below is a link to a web sight I just found, maybe it will add more help...

http://www.dirt-bike-tips-and-pics.com/building-motocross-tracks.html

Top Bottom